RegisterLog In

Resignation in Short notice - Buy Out Option

Wong Thian Seh
Tue, 14 Aug 2012 07:05:03 PM  (Last updated: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 05:08:16 PM)

Hi

I have tendered my resignation letter on last week 8.8.2012 prior to 2 month notice i have to serve.

Future employer is willing to pay the buyout but my current HR refuse the buy out & force me serve 1 month notice

I have tried many ways to talk with HR, without my manager approval they can't release me

Even though I have discussed with my manager, still he said due to lacks of manpower he can't release me within a month.
If there any other way I can do? as my next company willing to buy out my notice with the official letter which provide by my current company.

Kindly advise the amount deduction for short notice need to pay back to the company as below: -
Monthly salary: RM 3,500
Balance annual leave: 7days

Thanks

Damien Siew
Administrator
Wed, 15 Aug 2012 05:21:46 PM

Does your letter of offer from your current company state "1 month's notice or 1 month's salary in lieu"?

Anyway, just go if you have to. Your next company should have to pay RM7000 for your 2 months salary.

As for your 7 days leave, and I'm presuming you are resigning within 24 hours without serving any notice, I suggest you don't be too picky about it. Leave on good terms.

Wong Thian Seh
Wed, 15 Aug 2012 06:43:12 PM
Originally posted by Damien Siew on Wed, 15 Aug 2012 05:21:46 PM

Does your letter of offer from your current company state "1 month's notice or 1 month's salary in lieu"?

Anyway, just go if you have to. Your next company should have to pay RM7000 for your 2 months salary.

As for your 7 days leave, and I'm presuming you are resigning within 24 hours without serving any notice, I suggest you don't be too picky about it. Leave on good terms.

Hi damien,Thanks for your respones.Under termination of employment agreetmentCaluse 4.2 After comfirmation of employment, either party may terminate this employment agreementBy serving 60 days notice to the other in writing or payment ofSalary in lieu thereof.Though I have tendered on 8.8.2012 but I choose to leave on 30.8.2012With reason I respect the operations due to lacking manpower on raya.Can I still deserve 24 hrs notice with buy out for 2 month salary pay? One last question, Will I get my full payment salary for august?For my safe side, they can't really do anything if I pay my 2 month notice right??Thanks
KL Siew
Administrator
Thu, 16 Aug 2012 05:08:16 PM

You just do your part. We don't know what they can or cannot not do.

This topic is closed