RegisterLog In

Unpaid leave and wages calculation

Chong Chui Yien
Tue, 05 Jun 2012 09:03:36 PM  (Last updated: Fri, 06 Jul 2012 08:09:14 PM)

Hi there Sir

I am employed as a sales person, which my income consist of basic salary and commission based on profit margin. My basic salary before EPF deduction is RM 2000. 

Recently I took 21 days unpaid leave, which I was not brief on the calculations of my salary initially. What is the legal basis calculation of my pay. When I seek for employer's explanation, he ignored me.

(basic salary+commission)/ 30 days x days in service

or

[(basic/30 days) x days in service ] + commission

Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards

KL Siew
Administrator
Wed, 06 Jun 2012 08:38:06 AM

I am really not sure about the commission part. If the commission is fixed, I then think it should included in the calculation.

Chong Chui Yien
Wed, 06 Jun 2012 11:32:17 AM

My commission is based on my personal sales, I'm in retailing field.

Not fixed.

KL Siew
Administrator
Thu, 07 Jun 2012 06:34:43 PM

In that case, when you are on unpaid leave, there will not be any sales during the period and therefore, there will not be any commission earned, isn;t it? What commission is there to deduct ?

Chong Chui Yien
Fri, 08 Jun 2012 09:12:05 PM

Hi there, thanks for your reply. I've confronted my employer regarding the issue. He insist that this is company policy. And it has been practiced for four years. What was his rationale was, the other employees prepared the stocks to be sold by me before I'm back at work, therefore it should be apportionate at the rate of 30 days, even though I'm at work for only 15 days. Which I feel that a huge amount of pay has been cut off. What documents shall i need to submit if i were to lodge a complaint to labour office?

Thank you so much.

KL Siew
Administrator
Mon, 11 Jun 2012 08:09:11 PM

You should at least know the amount owed to you by the company.

Chong Chui Yien
Tue, 12 Jun 2012 01:56:13 AM

Hi Siew, I shall obtain the neccesary information from company accountant. Thank you so much!

mary johnson
Fri, 06 Jul 2012 08:09:14 PM

Read the tender notice in pakistan and see the job apportunites in pakistan.

This topic is closed