RegisterLog In

Medical Claim

Fiona Wong
Wed, 11 Apr 2012 09:07:52 PM  (Last updated: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 09:01:56 AM)

My company do not have clear procedures on medical claim.  I am assigned to check on staff claims now on.  I noted  that most of the company will only reimburse normal medical claim for GP and usually is below 100 RM. Well I have not work for many so please do tell me if my thoughts on this is accurate or not.

I noted there is a staff submitting claim for more then 200 RM per visist and I believe that other the visiting the doctor he is getting medicine.  Or at times  not even visiting the doctor he just drop by to pruchase the medcine from the GP

His salary is more the RM1500. My questions are

1.  What is the market practise do companies allow staff to also buy medcine or only GP for normal flu, fever only ?

Shall I reject such claim ?  Becuase all the while I noted the staff GP claim is usually between 35 to 75 only.

Many thanks

KL Siew
Administrator
Thu, 12 Apr 2012 09:01:56 AM

It would be better for the company to formulate such a policy and stick to it. This will serve to avoid lot of doubts. Otherwise, I will also be as much in the dark as you are. Besides, there is also nothing in the Employment Act about medical claims.

This topic is closed