RegisterLog In

Resignation Notice

Fiona Wong
Wed, 11 Apr 2012 08:59:34 PM  (Last updated: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 07:41:33 PM)

A collegue of mine has tender in her resignation with 2 months notice.  The boss has asked if she wants to leave early.  She said yes and the company agreed to released her early. 

I noted  her salary is more then 1500 but then what is the market practise on such matters  ?

My questions are

1.   Does the company need to pay ber full two months  ?   Eg she leaves early - eg she only serve one month.

If I stay on the staff side my argument is that I can serve two month notice but you have asked if I want to leave early thus I have choosen to leave early.  As such is not that I cant give the notice thus company should pay me.

KL Siew
Thu, 12 Apr 2012 08:57:00 AM

This doubt should be properly thrashed out first, don't simply say 'OK'. If he thinks that is something no what he wants, then he can decide to stay on until the end of the notice.

Manpreet Kaur
Fri, 20 Apr 2012 07:41:33 PM

I have tendered my resignation prior to one month notice dated on 26/03/12.My last day of work written in my resignation letter is 26/04/12.  My contract states that i need to tender atleast 2 months notice. 

my question is :

1) Should i pay the balance 1 month notice that i have given ?

2) what will the concequences be if i do not pay the balance one month ? Can they sue me? 

3)Is it possible that i work for free for the one month notice ( deduction from salary) for the upcoming 1 month of not working? 

Please Advise

This topic is closed