RegisterLog In

Company hold resignation due to no replacement [short notice resignation and pay in-lieu]

TAN LEE LING
Tue, 20 Mar 2012 03:42:32 PM  (Last updated: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 05:31:00 PM)

Hi,

I need an advice and enlighten. I am working with GLC and my notioce period is 1 month. I have tendered my resignation letter [short notice] 2 week period and willing to pay in-lieu for another half of the month. [I have gotten and offer from another company and they need me urgently - the reason why new company willing to buyout.

Still my management wanted to hold my resignation and want me find them the replacement - then only they will release me.

My Q: Do management deserve the right to hold my resignation even i willing to pay salary in-lieu? Advice me who will be the best for me to refer this ? HR ?

[in my offer letter stated cleary my notice period is 1 month or salary in-lieu therof  - thus i am strongly believe i have the right to tender short notice and pay company in-lieu salary]

Appreciate for your kind advice and time to look at my issueT

Thank you.

Thank

KL Siew
Administrator
Tue, 20 Mar 2012 05:31:00 PM

Yes, you have your right to do that by paying indemnity for short notice and leave. It is not your job to find a replacement for them although you can try if you can.

This topic is closed