RegisterLog In

termination

klteh
Sat, 14 Jan 2012 05:09:15 AM  (Last updated: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 04:47:09 PM)

Q1  When i terminate my staff I have to pay 1 month salary or more depending on his years of service

but when my staff  resign or don't turn up for work anymore after taking his salary is there any way for an employer

to recover back the 1 month which was mutually agreed.

Q2 I have a driver who is supposed to start work at 9 am and it is understood that a driver needs to clean

my car before I go out at 9am but he turns up only at 9 am and he will clean the car till 9.30am

so if i go out i will always be late and is he considered to be late if he comes to work at 9am sharp?

Q3 is it legal for me to have  different agreements for different drivers  or admin staff in my company? (like different working time and public holidays?

Q4 can i legally hire my driver as my domestic servant even though he is driving me to do business

and sometimes run errands on behalf of my company and he reports to my house for work all the time instead of my office?

KL Siew
Administrator
Sat, 14 Jan 2012 10:42:33 AM

1. In that case, the employer can claim indemnity from the employee.

2. Why can't he clean the car after sending you to office? I think it is a matter of arrangement.

3. Of course you can based on the needs of the company.

4. No if his salary comes from the company and for the business of the company. Well, in practice, many employers are using the drivers to run domestic errands like sending children to school, wife to do marketing and so on. It all depends how good is the working relationship.

klteh
Sat, 14 Jan 2012 01:00:07 PM

Thank You very much for your reply and how do u claim indemnity when they don't report to work after taking their last salary.

KL Siew
Administrator
Sun, 15 Jan 2012 08:14:01 AM

Yes, if he just quit after getting salary.

klteh
Mon, 16 Jan 2012 02:20:26 AM

My question is How do i claim back from my staff who resigned without giving notice?

KL Siew
Administrator
Thu, 19 Jan 2012 04:47:09 PM

You either go to the Labour Office or sue him in civil court.

This topic is closed