RegisterLog In

Resignation and bonus

tan chong thai
Mon, 26 Dec 2011 11:49:39 PM  (Last updated: Wed, 28 Dec 2011 04:08:28 PM)

hi,

my wife had summited her resignation letter to her manager early dec, but end up she get back the letter as her manager told her to get the bonus 1st on 27 dec then only resign (ps: the resignation letter did not been approve/sign and also did not pass to HR as well) but that time many romous out about she summit the resignation letter.

When reach paid day, my wife did not receive any bonus pay on dec and she had been inform by her brance manager and HR that her bonus only will pay on end of jan 2012 and also they have the right to stop my wife bonus as well because offer letter did not mention they MUST pay 13month bonus to her. The reason behind is because she summit and pull back the resignation letter before. Her manager told her that HR and brance manager is violated to do like this as the resignation letter havent summit to them yet.

just curios to ask that this kind of situation, is that we can sue the company back?

thanks

KL Siew
Administrator
Wed, 28 Dec 2011 04:08:28 PM

Pull back or no pull back, accepted or not accepted,  they still can stop paying bonus to her. You can consult the Labour Office see anything can be done about it.

This topic is closed