RegisterLog In

Domestic Inquiry Infomation

Tan En Poh
Sat, 05 Nov 2011 11:03:00 AM  (Last updated: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 09:24:51 PM)

Dear Sir,

I would like to clarify some information on domestic inquiry.

My Brother in law was terminated yesterday after due inquiry.he quite down and depressed now. he has been working for the past 20 years at his job.

His company had a domestic inquiry on Monday and he was not given a fair chance to defence his case or cross examine his boss on the charges he was accused of negligence.There were not a single sen loss occured to the company due to his negligence.

There were no witness present or called by the prosecuter and my brother in law could not defend him self and cross examine his department manager who had complained against him and ask for the domestic inquiry to be conducted on him.

He would like to know was the domestic inquiry valid? 

From the day of the negligence and till yesterday his termination day his company took in total of 64 days for to terminate him.

He is going to Labour office on Monday to lodge a official complain.

Thank you.

EP Tan. 

KL Siew
Administrator
Mon, 07 Nov 2011 02:35:55 PM

Yes, he can either go to the Labour Department or the Industrial Relations Department to lodge complaint. It is for the authority to say whether the DI is valid or not.

Tan En Poh
Thu, 17 Nov 2011 09:24:51 PM

Hi Sir,

My Brother in Law already went to the Iabor office to report. waiting for the meeting date with company.

He has another question to ask you,

1) His offence on the negligence his company charged him with is gross misconduct. but his company keep him at work before and after the DI for 64 days without suspending him and allowing him to do the same work over and over again which he was charged for gross misconduct at the first place with until the day he was terminated. Is this normal or allowed in labor law for his company to do that?

thank you

EP Tan   

This topic is closed