RegisterLog In

Inquiry about Salary

Dominus
Thu, 25 Aug 2011 12:29:24 AM  (Last updated: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 08:54:57 AM)

Hello guys,

I'm new here. I have an inquiry regarding salary. Currently I am working in a customer consultant company. Me, as a Muslim are going to celebrate my Raya Festival pretty soon. This company every month cut off date is 31 or 30. So approximately we received paycheck 7 days before that. Since this month is special, we're being promised to received our salary earlier than usual. And out of nowhere, the HR change back the salary payment date as usual, which mean on 31 of August 2011. This mean, they pay the salary late, as we're (as Muslim) going to celebrate Raya Festival in 31 August 2011. Therefore, I feel it's a double standard since previously in 1 week before Chinese New Year Festival we received an early salary. I would appreciated if I am able to receive your opinion regarding this issue. Do we have the right to take action against this employer ? Thank you in advance. your help is much appreciated.

KL Siew
Administrator
Thu, 25 Aug 2011 08:54:57 AM

Your HR is not wrong in law but in practice, it is insensitive to people's needs. You should bring the matter up with top management.

This topic is closed