RegisterLog In

company cease &maternity enquiries

xiao
Mon, 13 Jun 2011 09:43:44 PM  (Last updated: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 08:31:23 PM)

hi,

I need some advise on my current situation. company plan to cease just before a month that i deliver baby. the company had propose either pay me 1 month salary or have me work until i deliver but without give me maternity allowance. The reason is company suppose have right to lay off me but due to simplity so have me work till i deliver baby.eg I deliver on oct and co cease on sept. they have me work till sept and no maternity given and i need to choose either get 1 month salary to get off immediate of jun or work further 3 months until i deliver.

i really need some advise as i never heard of work without paying maternity and reason is company cease. I was mention regards on maternity allowance but the employer said need get lawyer advise. Please let me know what should I do.

KL Siew
Administrator
Tue, 14 Jun 2011 09:50:42 AM

Just don't accept any unfavourable offer from the company. Whether they want to layoff people, terminate people, let them do so. You just carry on working and don't resign. Worry about the maternity allowance later.

xiao
Tue, 14 Jun 2011 09:40:06 PM

I am stress on my superior have me make decision before propose to management. The decision havent been made but it make me feel unfair on what had been suggest. they refer lay off lab act to threat me either accept 1 months lay off or working 3 more months.I also understand lab act is not protected salary above rm 1500 therefore i wasnt protected. Well,i will not accept any offer..and carry on working.Just let it be...and i should spend more time on rest rather than worry on the maternity allowance.

KL Siew
Administrator
Wed, 15 Jun 2011 09:46:33 AM

Since you are not covered by the Employment Act and you also want to have more rest than worrying about your maternity allowance, then you may accept their offer or perhaps you may negotiate for a bit more if possible.

xiao
Wed, 15 Jun 2011 08:31:23 PM

In my appointment letter it stated" upon confirmation a female staff is eligible for full maternity leave period (60)conservative day (inclusive of any gazetted public holiday" . You must complete (6) months continuous service with the company.Now company cease then the above stated is not valid?Kind advise me.

This topic is closed