RegisterLog In

Employment letter

kane
Sun, 06 Mar 2011 05:45:00 AM  (Last updated: Mon, 07 Mar 2011 09:43:11 AM)

Hi there KL Siew, I was once posted here like Aug / Sept 2010.

I shall shorten my greeting and goes to my problems.

my case is like ..

Ok, here is my problem, last year, I planned to leave after giving 2 months notice, and my boss, so "KIND" to offer me an increment, which I think its reasonable, but then the fact is not, because after the increment, they try to postpone the recruitment plan, where the time we're already short of like 3-4 staffs, that is not important anymore now.

My Q is, the time they offer me an increment, they actually stated a few terms in the Salary Adjustment letter.

Here are the contents....

xx August 2010

Mr XXX
Present

Dear Sir/Madam:

We are pleased to advise you that the Company has approved a salary adjustment of RMxxx ti bring your base salary to RMxxx with effect from 1st October 2010.

We are delighted to offer you the position of xxx and are certain that you will be pleased with the benefits of the possible.

It is a great honor to be the xxx; however not everyone is selected will choose move to this level. Being a part of the xxx team requires dedication, enthusiasm, personal sacrifices and the will to accomplish the work successfully.

Management has decided to borne you for two year contract. You are not allowed to leave the company within the yar from the date of this letter. However if you choose to leave the company after the contract, you still need to serve another 3 months notice from the end of the contract date.

We wish you a better future prospect and success ahead. We again hope that you will keep up the spirits to give your best.

Your faithfully,
XXX, your boss

signature

I agreed to the above conditions and accept the position offered. I agreed and understand that my employment will be subject to such terms and conditions as may now be operative and that the Company shall have right to modify such term and conditions from time to time as it sees fit.

My Signature

my question now is on the bold part, any sifus here can advise what are the possible action can my employer take if I am to leave the company with 2-3 months notice?

Thanks, advises are appreciated from everyone ~!

KL Siew
Administrator
Sun, 06 Mar 2011 03:27:53 PM

Ya, since there is no mentioned of penalty for breaching the bond by leaving earlier, I would also ask the same question. But, I don't know whether the company would as they say "....the company shall have right to modify such term and conditions from time to time.....", which they have so far not done it yet.

kane
Sun, 06 Mar 2011 04:08:51 PM

hmmm, so whats your suggestion for my next move?

Kinda exhausted to keep staying for the same job, I felt like tortured :(

I actually went to Menara Perkeso, labour department last week, the guy there also say the same

"Kalau majikan nak sue you, tanya apa yang dia nak sue, sbb document yang you sign tak kata you kena ganti rugi apa apa pun."

I just want to seek for some confirmation.

KL Siew
Administrator
Mon, 07 Mar 2011 09:30:23 AM

After this, you can always consult a lawyer and get some legal advice.

kane
Mon, 07 Mar 2011 09:43:11 AM

Morning KL Siew,

So you're suggesting me to tender a resignation letter 1st, and see what my employer will do on me?

If thats the case, whats the worst consequences you foresee on my case?

If they sue me to court, will I be fined for paying 24 months x (my current salary)?

I just wondering on this, because I plan for another visit to Labour Department this evening @ Subang.

This topic is closed