RegisterLog In

Employment Contract

simung
Fri, 04 Mar 2011 11:48:03 PM  (Last updated: Sun, 06 Mar 2011 03:34:40 PM)

In October 2008, I had been nominated to receive retention bonus. That as per letter, I would be eligible for 2 month bonus in September 2010 and subject to me being active employee during these payout dates.

Sadly, the above agreement was superseded by a new in November 2009. In the latest copy, the amount due to me in September 2010 from previous program would be brought forward and paid out together with an additional amount of 0.8 month in January 2010 payroll. However, the full lump sum of amount is bound to the new condition that I have not leave the company for any reasons before May 01, 2012.
Although the term was unfavourable to me (the 2008 agreement was half way through), I had bowed to the pressure from Head of Department who determined my annual increment and promotion during the time (indeed he reiterated that he would presumed I planned to resign if I did not accept the offer).
The incident has demotivated me at work and eventually to leave the company in October. Subsequently, the company withheld my salary for above reason while I was serving the resignation notice,
Thus, I would like to know the legitimacy of the new agreement and salary deduction (new agreement did not quote on salary deduction).

KL Siew
Administrator
Sat, 05 Mar 2011 09:11:51 AM

I would suggest you consult the Labour Department with more details and about your salary being withheld.

simung
Sat, 05 Mar 2011 10:02:30 AM

Labour Department feedback my salary is not under EA coverage.

KL Siew
Administrator
Sat, 05 Mar 2011 08:45:36 PM

Then you may have to get a lawyer to sue for it in court.

simung
Sat, 05 Mar 2011 10:30:37 PM

Thanks, KL Siew!

I felt cheated, upset and intend to file a case in civil court for justice. However, I would like to know (from third party) if I have a case and the likelihood of winning. I was fool once and don’t want to repeat just because of emotion.

KL Siew
Administrator
Sun, 06 Mar 2011 03:34:40 PM

I think it will be better for you to talk to a lawyer whether it advisable or worthwhile suing the employer in court or not.

This topic is closed