RegisterLog In

Termination

Yukiko
Tue, 15 Feb 2011 04:22:13 PM  (Last updated: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 05:10:27 PM)

Hi there, appreciate if you can advice me in my situation.

I have join a construction company since mid-May 2010 with 6 months probation with the position as  Account Executive . On 31st January 2011, he has given me 1 month notice to terminated my service without any warning letter before. The reason of  my boss was "the project of this company is completed". As i know this company still have another few project in progress. Bare in mind, i'm not a contract basis employee but a permanent employee.

In this case, should I ask for salary compensation? and for how many months? My basic salary is RM1700. and RM100.00 allowance.

KL Siew
Administrator
Tue, 15 Feb 2011 09:31:01 PM

You can apply for a reinstatement. Go to the local Industrial Relations Department and make a complaint to get back your job.

Yukiko
Tue, 15 Feb 2011 11:14:34 PM

Thanks for the prompt reply.

In this situation, there is no point for me to get back the job, i desired to quit the current company. My main concerned is it possible to get 2 months salary on this treated unfair being in a employment.

Hear from you soonest. Thanks. 

KL Siew
Administrator
Wed, 16 Feb 2011 11:06:28 AM

In view of the short period of service (less than a year), I don't think you can get anything if you don't complain. You better complain first and see whether the officers can help to get something for you.

Yukiko
Wed, 16 Feb 2011 06:50:16 PM

Dear KL Siew,

Thanks very much for your prompt reply. 

Catherine Kong Nyuk Ching
Wed, 16 Mar 2011 05:10:26 PM

may I know how to calculate the salary for the staff who resign in middle of the month? is it basic salary/day of month X days of he/she work?

This topic is closed