RegisterLog In

Sick Leave and Hospitalization

Noranirah
Tue, 08 Feb 2011 11:22:31 PM  (Last updated: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 11:23:17 AM)

Hi, I would like to clarify about my leave.Last 2 weeks,I was admitted to hospital for 4 days to undergo an operation.Later I have been given mc for 3 weeks to rest at home. What i want to know,is warded in hospital under Hospitalization or to be calculate under MC? Is MC also to be include Public Holidays & Weekends?

KL Siew
Administrator
Wed, 09 Feb 2011 01:26:09 PM

The 4 days are considered as hospitalisation. Sick leave includes weekends but exclude public holidays.

Ng Chee Yeen
Tue, 31 Jan 2012 10:50:20 AM

Hi

I have 2 questions:-

1. If the company has panel doctor and I have visited non panel doctor, can I claim for the medical expenses? This is because I had butt sore and the panel doctor is a guy, I just don't feel nice to take off my pants for him to check on my butt.

2. I got 2 days MC from this non panel, is this MC valid?

June Ng
Mon, 20 Feb 2012 12:02:10 PM

Hi,

I have a question regarding medical ceritificate.

I went to visit panel clinic last Friday (17/02/2012)at about 2pm but the receptionist asked me to go back after 6pm as doctor was not around that time and I went back to the same clinic at 7pm to find out the clinic already closed due to no electricity. I have no choice but to go to another clinic which I never go before but the doctor refused to issue medical certificate even I tried to explain,he just said already over working hours,is there any HR policy mentioning cannot issue medical ceritificate after working hours,even with valid reason? Thank you.

Anthony Valantain
Wed, 22 Feb 2012 09:54:42 AM

Hi,

I just joined a new company 3/1/2012 and under probation for 6 month.

There is a clause in the offer letter saying that all leaves (including medical leave) can only be taken after my probation. Meaning if I fall sick during this 6 months, I wont be getting paid for my sick leave even though I produce a valid MC.

Is this something legal? or once i'm employed under probation I should be entitled for the 14 days of MC for a year ? Thanks

KL Siew
Administrator
Wed, 22 Feb 2012 11:23:17 AM

To. Ng Chee Yeen: I don't think I can comment much, not knowing the facts. Try to bring the matter up with the Labour Department see whether they can look into it.

To. June Ng:  It is quite unbelievable that medical certificate could not be given after working hours. Anyway, without a valid MC, there will be no paid sick leave.

To Anthony: If your salary is not more than RM1500 and covered by the Employment Act, sick leave is 14 days and  cannot be prorated. If you are not covered by the EA, the clause in the offer letter may be valid.

This topic is closed