RegisterLog In

Frequent and long MC from staff

Ai Nee Lee
Mon, 07 Feb 2011 10:33:20 AM  (Last updated: Mon, 07 Feb 2011 05:54:54 PM)

I have a staff who's already having bad record for frequent MC and emergency leave for years. In Dec 10 she told me she had a miscarriage (baby died in the womb) and had to removed the baby via operation in 4th Jan in hospital and will be back on 18th. Then she sms me on 4th and said she'll only do the operation on 5th. By 18th she sms me again mentioned that doctor gave her MC until 28th, which is very rare for government hospital. By 28th, she sms again saying she'll have MC until 7th Feb. Today is 7th Feb and she still haven't turned up for work cause she said she's going for check up again.

I don't mean to be a mean boss but we had a few cases of miscarriages in our company, which all of the victims came back to work after 2 weeks. My staff is still getting her monthly salary because she hadn't submitted her MC (entitlement for 14 days only) or even unpaid leave forms although it's already been more than 1 month she's absent. Can I request the HR to hold on her salary for Feb 2011? 

While on her absence, can I request to have her transfer to another dept? I'm doing 2 persons job and working 13, 14 hours a day now and thinking might as well had her transfered and request for a new staff.

KL Siew
Administrator
Mon, 07 Feb 2011 05:54:54 PM

I think your company has been all the years very lenient with her. In future, no mc or exceeding sick leave entitlement means no pay for her. About transfer to another department, it is up to you to decide what is best for the company.

This topic is closed