RegisterLog In

Confirmation of Employment

SS  
Tue, 13 Nov 2007 03:59:29 PM  (Last updated: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 04:54:21 PM)

I am working for a company which is currently run by a General Manager. He has been working closely with his project manager to get rid of those who are not under their control.

My probationary period is about to be reviewed and I have a feeling that they will not confirmed my appointment. My question is: can he terminate my appointment by way of not confirming my appointment without assigning any valid reason even though it is clearly spelled out in the letter of appointment that either party can terminate the contract without giving any reason?

If they were not to confirm my employment, what would be your advice?

I did not commit any misconducut and honestly I have performed satisfactorily during my confirmation period. And I did not have problem to get my appointment confirmed since I started work. (by the way, i have been working for more than 11 years)

Thank you for your early reply.

P.S. My salary is higher than RM1,500 and therefore not covered by the Act

KL Siew
Administrator
Tue, 13 Nov 2007 04:25:31 PM

They still have to have some reasons to terminate your service even you are still on probation. If they do terminate your service unfairly, you can lodge complaint with the Industrial Relations Department. Meanwhile, don't worry so much, wait and see.

SS
Tue, 13 Nov 2007 04:49:25 PM

Appreciate your prompt reply.

Thanks a lot.

SS
Fri, 30 Nov 2007 04:54:21 PM

Hi Mr Siew

Further to your earlier reply. I wish to inform you that today I have been verbally told to leave within 14 days (as per one of the clause of the letter of employment) and it proves that my guess is correct. My confirmation is due on 5th November 2007 and they have given me reasons which is not acceptable to me.

I would like to seek your opinion what course of action I should take? Talk to the director? I guess probably the director has been informed about their decision. By the way, I have demanded a letter from them. Should I lodge a complaint to labour office before I receive their letter?

Appreciate your prompt reply.

This topic is closed