RegisterLog In

Resignation Notice and Leave Deduction

james tan
Wed, 20 Oct 2010 08:30:04 AM  (Last updated: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 09:01:57 AM)

Good day Siew,

I would like to get your advise on several issues I've got with my current company. I actually tendered my resignation on Oct 01, 2010 and as stated clearly in my offer letter I'll need to give 2 months notice where my last day should be on Nov 30, 2010. Somehow my new job required me to start off earlier so I went to discuss with my CTO (the one I'm directly under) for an early release yesterday morning. He then agreed for one month early release since he had see me handover all my stuffs properly so I was only required to work until end of Oct. But when I checked with HR on my salary matters they claimed that they'll only pay me up to Oct 29, 2010 (Friday) instead since Oct 31 falls on Sunday and my actual last day is on Oct 29.

1) I was wondering as a permanent staff I should be entitled for a full month salary in Oct right? Since I've fulfilled all 20 working days in Oct.

2) Besides, they also claimed that all my leaves balance (total 5 days left) will be offset for the early release, is that correct?

3) If my company is so stingy in these ways do I have the rights to actually reject the request on early release?

4) I assume if I were to stick to Nov 30 as my last day as stated in my resignation I should have nothing to lose right? Will I be able to get back my leaves balance as well?

Please advise. Thousand thanks in advance.

KL Siew
Administrator
Wed, 20 Oct 2010 08:31:32 PM

Had you discussed the matter with your HR from the very beginning instead of your CTO, things would have been different. If you think HR's setting certain conditions for your early release is unfair or stingy as you said, you can have further discussion with them about your intention to stick to your original two months notice rather than asking for early release.

james tan
Wed, 20 Oct 2010 09:28:03 PM
Originally posted by KL Siew on Wed, 20 Oct 2010 08:31:32 PM

Had you discussed the matter with your HR from the very beginning instead of your CTO, things would have been different. If you think HR's setting certain conditions for your early release is unfair or stingy as you said, you can have further discussion with them about your intention to stick to your original two months notice rather than asking for early release.

Thanks for you reply KL Siew. Well I haven't really discussed with HR in the 1st place as I know in the end of the day HR will still need to consult my superior (CTO) concerning my request so I thought of letting my superior to know better about my workload to be handover in order to approve my early release. Luckily I've got good news from my superior after telling him about my unfair treatment in Oct salary deduction so he informed HR to amend my last day to be on Nov 01. In this case, do I get the salary for the particular one day on Nov?

KL Siew
Administrator
Thu, 21 Oct 2010 09:01:57 AM

You will have to wait and see I suppose.

This topic is closed